Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sad, Sad, PPP Experience

I don't think anyone has a sadder experience than me with PPP and IZEA. When I first signed up, I accepted a PPP Direct offer for which I was reprimanded. They told me that since my blog was not approved, I was not eligible for direct offers. Fine, I accepted that. Then, they told me that blogs would have to be active for at least six months before they could be approved by PPP. Everything was shelved and I had almost forgotten about PPP until I received one of their newsletters.

On the spur of the moment, I applied for the approval of my blog. What joy and happiness filled my heart when the good news finally arrived that my blog was approved! But oh! how short lived the joy turned out to be!

You see, in the template where the post is uploaded, they had mistakenly inserted the name of my post as my blog. I didn't understand it at that time. I only thought they wanted me to upload my Adobe Photoshop Workshop 2007 post. I had trouble uploading the file and all the required codes, in the process of which, I lost the post due to a 404 error. I managed to recover the post after several days of tinkering and finally succeeded uploading all the requirements in correct order.

Then I waited and waited but there was no response. When I finally checked with Customer Support, the same guy who was in charge of my case from the beginning told me my post was rejected because it wasn't current. That was when I discovered that it wasn't that they had approved the post but had used the title of the post as my URL!

No comments:

 
payperpost