Sunday, January 27, 2008

KLCC Demonstration



Saturday 26th 2008
I forgot that there would be a demonstration at the KLCC over the impending price hike, that is expected after the elections. I was there just before four in the afternoon, in time to see the trailings of the demonstration.

According to a police personnel, whom I asked, the protest was led by NGO’s (Non Govermental Organizations) as well as opposition party members. Most of the entrances of the KLCC were barricaded with steel and the place looked almost deserted.

Outside curious on lookers watched the police and other uniformed personnel on duty. I managed to take some snippets of the event. The crowd picked up later with a lion dance performance. However, I didn’t wait to watch the performance.

No comments:

 
payperpost