Friday, November 30, 2007

Help! I've got a fishbone stuck in my throat! Part 2


My headache throbbed on mercilessly. Each time I worked on my computer, my eyes automatically shut and I dozed off more than did my work. Finally, I wised up and took a complete break. I decided to focus on something which I’ve always wanted to do but never got round to. I decided to learn how to make bread. Before I could do that, I had to send my Cornell oven for repair. I hardly used the oven because I didn’t know how to adjust the temperature. The service people told me the heating element was faulty. No wonder. I bought all my ingredients and just when I was about to begin, I discovered that the scale was not functioning.

I had to invest in a new one. I found one at TESCO, weighed out the ingredients and followed the recipe to the T but halved the proportion. Twenty minutes into the over, I sniffed. Something was burning alright. I opened the oven and saw a burnt crust. I turned down the temperature from 180 degrees centigrade to 160 and reduced the time from 45 minutes to 40 minutes. Here’s the outcome. Looks yuk but at least, its cooked and it taste like bread.

No comments:

 
payperpost